Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Whisked Away Wednesday: Eggless Whole Wheat Cookies

These cookies came about thanks to a late night crisis. I told my employees I would bring them "healthy" cookies... it was 11:00 at night and I had NO eggs, NO chocolate chips, raisins, add-ins of any kind, NO white flour and only a bit of sugar. I really needed to go shopping, but pulling 10-12 hour days at work made that a bit tough. But, against all odds, these cookies came out awesome! I was so excited when I pulled them out of the oven as basically, I had just thrown some stuff into a bowl, stirred, and hoped for the best. These are definitely going on my favorites list, and I have already made them twice this week (at the request of my coworkers!). They are a crisp, filling cookie, that I don't feel too bad about eating for breakfast. I am sure they would be great (and even more nutritionally balanced) if you threw in some raisins or nuts. I am making them again tonight and am going to sub in high quality maple syrup for the honey. I will let you know how they turn out!


Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoon fat free half and half
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup oil (ya, I was out of butter too, but I bet they would be good with butter as well!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix together all ingredients in a big bowl. Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, place rounds of cookie dough two-inches apart on a parchment paper lined cooking sheet.
Press down a bit on the tops of the cookies. Cook in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
satisfying and tasty
Happy munching!




Beauty and Bedlam

7 comments:

  1. Those look yummy - I wish I were one of your employees! Have a great day and hope you get some down time in those 12 hours days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely trying these! I have missed your recipes! and THANK YOU for the bloggy award! I was so excited to see I had won a bloggy award :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cookies really do look incredibly crispy. It's so great that it all worked out and gave such delicious and healthy results.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been on the look-out for a healthier cookie- these sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great!! I'd sub half the oil for applesauce but that's just me! :-) Thanks for a nice healthy cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made these and they were delish! I used butter instead of oil and they were super yummy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete