Saturday, December 31, 2011
Saturday, October 1, 2011
Thursday, September 22, 2011
- Last week I went to Oktoberfest up in Mount Angel, Oregon. While there, I walked by a booth with a nice German lady selling all things hazelnut. I couldn't resist picking up a bag of hazelnut flour and a jar of hazelnut butter. While the jar of hazelnut butter is already long gone (it is DELICIOUS), the hazelnut flour has been waiting around in my freezer for the past week. I came across a recipe for Coconut Thumbprint Cookies on the Atkins website and decided to change it up and give it a try with hazelnut flour. The cookies came out really tender, my sister commented they were more of a scone consistency than a cookie. The way the flavors of the hazelnut and coconut meld together is delicious. The jam thumbprint is ok, but not really necessary. Next time I am going to make them in scone shape and just eat them as is or put the jam on afterward.
- Hope you all enjoy!
- Linking up at Foodie Friday.
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
- 1/4 cup, or less depending on taste, sugar substitute (recommended: Splenda)
- 1 recipe low-carb shortcake biscuits (recipe follows)
- Low Carb Fresh Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
- Few sprigs fresh mint
Combine berries and sugar substitute and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Crumble biscuits. Place half of the crumbled biscuit in a wine glass. Top with berry mixture and cream. Sprinkle on more crumbled biscuit and continue layering until you run out of berries and cream. Garnish with whole berries, and fresh mint.